•BRINGING ENTERTAINMENT TO LIVE!!! | BE ENTERTAINED!
AHEAD of final conduct of the three modes of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has withheld results of about 80,419 candidates in 40 centres for rescreening for possible examination
The released results are for the Dual Based Test,Paper Pencil Test modes while the Computer Based Test is yet to be conducted. The centres’ offences range from direct money extortion, aiding and abetting by supervisors, teachers or parents, attempted bribery of examination officials to outright ingenious methods of cheating by bringing answer-scribbled sheets into
examination centres. Registrar, JAMB, Prof. Disu Ojerinde told journalists on
Friday in Abuja that, “If there is no cheating (in the 40 centres) we will release their results but if there
is evidence we will cancel their results.”
He said the affected centres have an average of 540 candidates and that “results of 68, 309 candidates
from various centres are undergoing further screening to ascertain their culpability. Ojerinde added that “12,110 candidates’ results are withheld for possible disciplinary action.” He said that about 40,692 candidates’ results were
invalid due to multiple shading or no shading at all while another 47,974 candidates were absentees. The JAMB chief executive urged candidates to check their scores via the Board’s website at http://www.jamb.org.ng using their registration numbers.
The Registrar said earlier that a total of 1,735, 720 candidates applied for the 2013 UTME with 1,670,833 candidates for university, 28,97 candidates for polytechnic, 28,445 for colleges of Education and 25 candidates for innovative enterprises institutes.